Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best Lessons of a Chess Coach


I shifted gears a little and decided to completely read:Sunil Weeramantry: The Best Lessons of a Chess Coach. I finished it except for the supplemental games and exercise study. I'm walking through it again and studying all the games.

This is a very good book and has me thinking of color square complexes, weaknesses in a position, creating outpost squares,bad and good bishops. Things I have learned about but had not spent a lot of time thinking about.

Whenever I deeply read annotated chess or do tactical training. I see positive results in my play. Recent games at playchess are becoming more interesting. Including some against higher rated opponents where I get an advantage then miss a tactic or mating net continuation.

Here are the games: I recommend getting the book in addition to game study.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1019972


Note to self: read this later:
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Ig2rmNOKs_IJ:www.chesscafe.com/text/dvoretsky46.pdf+two+weaknesses+chess&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjMzhUNkSK2R6WpeQd1AqKrdFyQIUmKtNlUl5j7zLYcdfWrE_m7MUl_YRaFVs2HFNc0Mimkuoqt3-OZDJsPBTmIyXD7iPNdCl5tYREXidvvQYYSaoSvLIeviZwu5ALvMGjT9lyg&sig=AHIEtbQMFUMidAd9lmcvVpK4xF9DYXT7yg&pli=1

No comments:

Post a Comment