Friday, June 24, 2011

Nothing is more important that King Safety





A chessgame showing the dangers of grabbing material at the expense of King Safety and Development. A very interesting game from Attacking  Manual 2


Reminds me of the Traxler with the Knight out of play on the other side of the board.

The board view  is WTM # 13 and here the game is lost for black .

 This reminds me of something which I have been fighting during the past 10 years. I'm sure if my play reflected it I would improve 200 points.........

Dan Heisman tells you the two most important things you can learn in chess...........


What I am about to tell you may sound simple, but it is likely the most important piece of advice you will ever read in this column:

There are only two main principles in chess: safety and activity. Safety is much more important than anything else, and activity is much more important than anything but safety.

From Page 3 of his first novice nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment